May 13, 2015

Sulaiman Abba removed from the position of IGP for indiscipline and replaced with Solomon Arase

Sulaiman Abba

Yesterday, The Police Service Commission confirmed that the former Inspector General of Police, Mr. Suleiman Abba was removed from office because of increasing cases of indiscipline in the rank and file of the force.

The explanation came on a day the Police Council confirmed Mr. Abba’s successor, Mr. Solomon Arase as the substantive Inspector General of Police.

This is the statement Mr Solomon Arase gave:

“To Nigerians, I know that their expectations are high, but I can assure them that no Nigerian will suffer any injustice by my inaction or action,” he said.

He said that under his watch, the welfare of officers and men would be a top priority as a well motivated personnel as the panacea for effective policing.

“To my men, I will tell them that their welfare will be number one on  my cardinal responsibilities. You don’t motivate a workforce except their welfare is paramount. I’m going to ensure that their welfare is going to be put on the front burner” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment