May 22, 2015

I will become a Peace Ambassador



President Goodluck Jonathan has said his major interest after leaving office will be to engage religious and ethnic leaders across the country on the need to foster and allow peace reign.
He said he took the decision due to his strong belief that Nigerians can only practise their different religions in a peaceful environment.

Jonathan said, “To whom much is given, much
is expected. For you to honour me today, you
have given me another mandate to work harder
to ensure that we as Nigerians continue to live in
peace.
“One thing I have decided I will do after leaving
office is to be talking to faithful of all religions:
Christians, Muslims and other religions, on the
need for Nigerians to live in peace.
“This is because when there is crisis in any part
of the country, nobody can practise his own
religion. If there is crisis anywhere, people
cannot go to the mosque, they cannot go to the
church.
“We need peace in this country, no matter our
religious persuasion or belief. That will be one of
my main commitments when I leave office: to
reduce discrimination in this country based on
religious divides or ethnicity. I believe I will have
so many apostles that will follow me to do that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment