Mar 22, 2015

I Have Three things Other Artists don't Have

He was declared the ‘Rookie of the Year’ at the
Headies 2014 in December, and months after,
Mavin Records signee, Reekado Banks has proven
that he is indeed a rookie who can deliver the
cookies. His latest song, “Katapot” is currently
enjoying favourable airplay, and he has also
featured in collaborations with other artistes.
Responding to a question on what he has that he
thinks no other artiste has, he said, ‘“I don’t
know what they have that I don’t have, but I
know I have three things going for me: I work
hard; I believe in God, and I listen to people’s
advices, so that’s what keeps me going.’
On the inspiration behind his latest song,
‘Katapot,’ “It’s not like I was telling my personal
story, I was just trying to create a love song for
my fans. It wasn’t for me; it’s for the people.”
Gushing about his romance with the Don Jazzy-
led Mavin, he said”To me, Mavin Records is the
biggest record label in Africa. It’s been really
amazing, and it’s like a family thing, and I really
enjoy being part of them.”
As a boss, “Don Jazzy is an enigma…he’s ‘bad.’
He knows what he’s doing.”
On the greatest thing he has learnt from the
talented beat-maker, he said, ‘His humility…it’s
just amazing.’
Speaking on his short-term plans. Banks said,
“An album is not in the works for me now; it’ll be
released probably early next year. For now,
expect different singles and collabos from me.
I’ve been working with a couple of people recently
and I’m enjoying the experience.’

Source: Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment