Aug 6, 2017

Sexy!!!

Blogger's perspective:

We Ladies love to be appreciated and most times a guy calls you sexy and you are all mushy and all, but have we ever sat down to think about it critically or analytically?

Well, I saw a Lady, Ify Omeni's post on WhatsApp on being sexy and I thought it would be worthwhile to share it.

Kindly read and let me know what you think.


"SEXY OR CHRISTLY
She was weeping bitterly as if she was bereaved and I was really concerned. I waited patiently while she composed herself and told me what was bothering her.

‘He called me sexy,’ she said, in a tear filled voice.
‘Who?’
‘My colleague. I feel so terrible. That means I have been projecting the wrong image.’

I was tempted to laugh as I got the drift of the conversation. My weeping friend is a Christian and was enraged that a colleague saw her as sexy. According to her, it means she is not Christlike.

‘People should see me and see Christ!’ She screamed angrily.

I meditated on her words and saw reason. As usual, I checked the meaning of the word, Sexy. The WordWeb defines it as, ‘marked by or tending to arouse sexual desire or interest.’ or ‘exciting sexual desire. I was shocked to see the definition. No wonder my friend was so distressed. If a man sees you and feels this way, I don’t think that is very flattering.

The word, Sexy is usually used to describe a lady that looks very alluring and most ladies feel excited when they are described that way. But in reality, the word sexy means ‘full of sex.’

My husband or my fiancĂ© (probably) can call me sexy, but another man? No! I will feel like the other lady did. So I did my own coinage. I want to be called Christly. That when people see me, they should see Christ. They should see you coming and say, ‘Don’t say that thing. Female Jesus is here.’

So young lady, ask yourself, are you SEXY or CHRISTLY?"

By Ify Omeni

No comments:

Post a Comment