May 19, 2016

Nigerian Corpers lament about their Allowance.

Looks like even our Corpers, especially the ones in metropolitan areas like Lagos are not satisfied with their allowance, especially with the happenings in Nigeria presently.

Here is what a corper wrote:

Help my #19,800 is finishing. Many of my mates who are serving in some part of the North and East were welcome into the communities they will be serving for the next one year as kings and queens.

But the story is different here in Lagos. Report said over 50% of corp members were rejected at their PPA including me too.

The most painful thing is that the #19,800 government allawee for the first month of service is finishing gradually. Between today and yesterday, I had spent over #2,000 on transport fare alone looking for PPA. I can't even remember how much I had spent on feeding.

I can't just imagine how someone serving in Lagos will survive with #19,800. Are you asking about the government allawee or the token from the PPA. Government is only paying those working in ministries . Others are on their own. Some PPA owned by individuals don't even mind you giving them something out of the #19,800.

They actually need the money. Many of them are struggling to break even. NYSC in Lagos is survival of the fittest. I dare not call them at home to send me money to augment the #19,800. How will I even tell them????

It has got to a point you need to look for something to do as plan B especially in state like Lagos or else person go do service inside debt and pity.

Entrepreneurship is the future of our country. Lagos is a land of opportunities that is if you have a skill you have developed or learned a trade.

As for me, na to dey manage my allawee ooo. No to bottle water, no to Mr.Biggs and the likes, yes to Molue and Iya Segun Alamala.

Lagos na land of hustlers, you have to be wise with your #19,800 or else...a word is enough for a wise otondo.

Start preparing for life after service. Don't ever plan of looking for job and if you will, have something that will serve as back up. Now is the best time to start saving for the future...Obey the clarion call with wisdom and sense. I talk my own o #vincentadeoba #19,800pallaver #diaryofaLagoscorper

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment